Chuck Roast with Garlic Mashed Potatoes
So as many of you know I am not much of a writer but some of my followers have requests recipes for certain dishes lately so I wanted to share with you my latest creation.
I have been embracing the fall these past cold crisps days and what better way to warm up is by making a delicious roast. As it turns out, Whole Foods this week has chuck roast on sale and I couldn’t be any happier.
When we think of a roast we want the meat is super tender and falling apart . For me the best way to do that is in a crockpot. It’s literally the easiest way to make your meats when having a busy schedule, like most of us NYers do.
Once you have your roast, all you need to do is season it and place it in the cock pot for about 4-6hrs. And YES, that’s it. I am sure you think that’s to easy to be actually true but that’s why I love my crock pot, it does all the work.
I of course love mine with some garlic mashed potatoes and some gravy sauce which I will link below.
But enough with the talking. Here is the recipe and please enjoy.
You will need:
- 1 lbs Chuck Roast
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 – 3 carrots
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 cups beef stock
- 1 cup of water
- 2 bay leaves
You start by:
- season your meat on both sides with Salt and pepper , for a little sweeter taste, rub some brown sugar on each side.. OHH yeah.
- Get your olive oil nice and hot in a large skillet
- Using tongs, sear each side of each piece of roast in the hot oil.
- Place your sliced onion, bay leaves, and beef stock in the slow cooker.
- After the searing is done, place your roast pieces into the slow cooker, on top of the onion slew. Put the lid on and slow-cook for at least 4-6 hours. Add salt to taste.
- Take your meat out and let it sit for about 4min. In the meantime make your sauce.
For the Sauce:
- Melt butter in a sauce pan
- Add flour and whisk to create a paste.
- Pour the liquid (the stock from the crock pod) in and whisk until the lumps come out.
- Cook until thickened, about 5min.